Here are some helpful moving tips we'd like to share with you!
When lifting heavy objects, bend your knees and use your legs. Never lift with your back bent.
Never use newspaper to wrap your possessions. Newspaper has an open-grain construction and the inks used in printing are not dry. That ink will rub off and stain anything that is wrapped with newspaper.
Avoid loading more than 50 pounds into one box.
Label each box and indicate the following:
- Which room it should go in.
- Whether it is fragile.
- If it should be loaded last so it will be unloaded first.
- Double check closets, drawers, shelves, attic and garage to be sure they are empty.
- Carry important documents, currency and jewelry yourself, or use registered mail.
- Carry travelers checks for quick, available funds.